Step 1: Create Web Application
1. Access SharePoint Central Administration
2. Click on Application Management and then click on manage web applications.
3. Click on new button to create a new web site.
4. Leave everything as default except under Application Pool, change Select a security account for this application pool to Predefined as Network Service and then click Ok button.
Remarks: It will take for a while depend on the server performance to create a web site.
5. Completed create web site.
Step 2: Create site collections before publish InfoPath into form library.
1. Access to Application Management
2. Click on Create site collections under Site Collections.
3. Verify web application. If incorrect, change path
4. Enter title and description
5. Set as Default
6. It is depend on the requirements. As a start, you able to select under Collaboration and select for blank site
7. Predefine primary administrator and secondary administrator for.
Best Practice: Always assign to two different accounts for avoid any permission issue.
8. Quota Template is to use for control the storage size on the particulate site. For now, set as default.
9. Click ok and completed the site.
10. Verify the site by paste the url at IE browser.
Step 3: Publish InfoPath to SharePoint Foundation
1. Open your InfoPath form which already created by InfoPath Designer.
2. Click on the File tab on top of the InfoPath designer.
3. Select Publish Tab and Click on SharePoint Server button
4. Publish wizard prompt and enter URL which created in step 2 and then click next button.
5. Enter your password to publish into the collections sites.
6. Select form library and then click next.
7. Select “Create a new form library” – If collection sites already created a form library and required to use that, kindly to select “Update the form template in an existing form library”.
8. Enter Name and Description for a new form library.
9. Display column in your form library. You can modify it for add new column, remove or modify it. Those columns are the field in InfoPath.
10. Click on publish to publish the InfoPath Template.
11. Click Close
12. Verify the InfoPath whether publish into Form Library.
Step 4: Assign workflow into InfoPath Form Library
1. Click on Purchase Order Form
2. Click on Library button at the Ribbon Menu
3. Click on workflow setting under the Ribbon Menu
4. Select “Add a Workflow”.
5. Select a workflow template: “Approval – SharePoint 2010” (This is basic standard worklow)
Remarks: If looking for customization workflow, you need to use WF/SharePoint designer to create a new template and upload into SharePoint.
· Enter unique name for this workflow. This is for reusable if new document library required same workflow process.
6. Unchecked “Allow this workflow to be manu……” this one required user to manually submit the workflow to approver.
Checked “Start the workflow when a new item is created”.
Click next button to complete the workflow.
7. Predefine approver/groups/subject of email/due date/duration of tasks/ cc and etc.
Step 5: How to submit a form
1. Go to Purchase order form
2. Click on add document and filled in the form.
Remarks: SharePoint Foundation Server integration with InfoPath – User have to install InfoPath to access this. If user want to access without InfoPath, upgrade is required for Enterprise Version. Enterprise version features for InfoPath Services which able for user to access via Browser.
3. Submit the form and message prompt. If required password, use NT account ID and password.
4. You able to see the form is uploaded and status for Approval is in progress.
Step 6: Approval Process
1. Approval Login to the Purchase Order Page
2. Approval able to review document by click on the Name.
3. InfoPath form will appear a message to approval for request approval.
4. Open this task to process for the approval process.
5. One approve, status will change to approved.
6. If reject, status will change it to rejected and required user to resubmit again.
7. Email notification will submit when the workflow process is trigger.
8. You can able to check the history transaction by
Click on the approval link
Workflow history will listed all the transaction including notification.